Wednesday 17 August 2011

Sidee baan u ....? How should I ...?

This is a very useful expression.


Sidee baan u dhahaa? - How should I say it?
Sidee baan u sameeyaa? - How should I do it?
Sidee baan u jaraa? - How should I chop it up?
Sidee baan u fadhiisaa? - How should I sit?
Sidee baan ugu hadlaa? - How should I speak?
Sidee baan u cunaa? - How should I eat?
Sidee baan u tukaa? - How should I pray?


This comes from the grammatical construction 'Si...u...'. You will see this crop up again and again so it's useful to be aware of it.

2 comments:

  1. Your Swedish disciple in Norway18 August 2011 at 13:29

    Thank you so much for this blog! Your posts have helped me a lot and I just want to say how much I appreciate your efforts. Waad mahadsantahay! :)

    Next time I'll try to comment in Somali :)

    Kepp it up! You're really helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support. It helps me to keep going. I'm sorry I haven't posted much in these past couple of months, but I hope to be more active from now. If you have a phrase that you want to say in Somali, or you think there is something I have missed thus far, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    ReplyDelete