Sunday 27 March 2011

Xaggee baad ka timid?

'Xaggee baad ka timid' means literally 'Where did you come from?'. It can also mean 'Where are you from?'. You might hear this when introducing yourself to others.

Student A: Magacaa?
Student B: Magacaygu waa Jamal. Adiguna?
Student A: Waa Cabdi. Jamal, xaggee baad ka timid?
Student B : Mareykan baan ka imid.
Student A : Barasho wanaagsan
Student B: Barasho wanaagsan

Vocab
xaggee - where
Mareykan - America

'Xaggee' means 'where'. 'Ka' is a preposition that have learned before, it means 'from'. 'timid' is the 2nd person past tense form of the verb 'imow' which means 'to come'.

To answer, put the name of the place where you're from and add '~baan ka imid' (I'm from ~). For example

Ingriis baan ka imid - I'm from Britain
Japan baan ka imid - I'm from Japan
Shiina baan ka imid - I'm from China
Ruush baan ka imid - I'm from Russia
Sacuudi baan ka imid - I'm from Saudi Arabia

No comments:

Post a Comment