Monday 11 April 2011

Blog review

It's been about three months since I started posting regular blogposts. I hope it's been helpful thus far. I hope that by this stage you should be able to,

  •  introduce yourself by being able to state
         - your name
         - where you come from
         - what you like
         - say things about yourself using '... baan ahay'

  • make simple sentences about the past(e.g. 'He went to...')
  • use question words (what, when, where, why)
  • use the definite article for masculine & feminine nouns
  • use a few phrases (e.g. 'sow ma aha') that make your speech more natural
We've come a long way in just 3 months. Actually, I'm worried that I might be moving a bit fast. I currently have a lot of free time so I want to put that time to good use.
I have overly focused on grammar points thus far. Somali grammar can be a little bit tricky and I am still learning myself. My goals for the next couple of months are to,

  • talk about hobbies, and learn how to use the present habitual tense
  • teach you how to make 'canjeero' a Somali pancake, using basic Somali words and phrases
  • introduce traditional Somali folktales
  • talk about conditional sentences 'If I..., I would have...'
If you have any questions about what I have covered so far or suggestions, please let me know. Garabkaaga! (Good luck![lit: 'your shoulder']).

No comments:

Post a Comment